This course is designed provide the knowledge and skills for successful certification in Fire Instructor 3. The Fire Instructor 3 course satisfies the requirements of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1041, Chapter 6 and provides the tools necessary to obtain certification through the National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications (Pro Board).
It is designed around classroom lectures and group interactive exercises to improve your abilities to act as a fire instructor. This includes responsibilities such as instructional resource management, policy development, and program design. This class may also involve assignments & projects that the student will have to complete outside of the scheduled class time each day (homework).
Skills taught include:
- Training record administration
- Policy development
- Instructional staff selection, development, & evaluation
- Program & curriculum development
- Course administration, development, & evaluation
Students that successfully complete the program of instruction and pass a written and hands on skills evaluation will receive national certification through The National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications (The Pro Board).
Prerequisites required for certification:
- Pro Board or IFSAC certification in Fire Instructor 2
Textbooks required for class will be checked out to the student the first day of class and will be returned prior to receiving their certificate. Textbooks can be purchased with advanced notice.
- Duty Uniform or Business Casual dress
- Laptop computer with Microsoft Office compatible software (word processing, spreadsheet, & presentation/power point software recommended) and WIFI capability.
- USB flash drive (over 1GB recommended)
For open enrollment classes, click on the links below. You will be taken to our registration portal where you will register and pay for the course. If there are no courses listed or if your organization would like to talk about a custom course offering please contact us to discuss your needs.
– Fire Instructor – Level 3 –
Watch for Dates & Info
All fees must be paid prior to the start of the program.
The REACT Center reserves the right to cancel classes not meeting minimum enrollment levels – full refunds will be issued to affected students. Course dates and associated fees are subject to change without notice.